Air Operations Assistant
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of OIC Air Operations Bentiu, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Pre-Planning activities within the state, which is submitted to Mission Air Operations Center(MAOC) for approval;
- Preparing Air tasking Orders (ATOs) from the daily flight schedule (DFS) and providing them to crew for execution;
- Processing Daily Flight schedule into AIMS;
- Monitoring all Flights in the states and those transisting from Juba or other Air Regions and providing timely resources to enable turn round;
- Coordinating with Local Civil Aviation Officials for smooth and efficient air operations;
- Briefing Aircrew and state aviation personnel on Notice to Airmen (NOTAMS) and other available information concerning flight operations;
- Liaising with the Field State administrator (FAO) re all aviation requirements for the state and any TOB/COB/CSB within the state;
- Securing mine and security clearance, and threat assessment reports;
- Taking charge of of all aviation property in the state including air assets and aviation equipment;
- Providing weather reports at destinations and alternate airfields;
- Reporting all changes and deviations to OIC Air Operations Bentiu, MAOC duty officer and Chief Air Operations;
- Reporting and filing all observed safety hazards in the state;
- Maintaining a database of crew lists and Risk/Threat assessment forms;
- Checking Fuel status and availability both in the state and any relevant TOB/CSB;
- Preparing daily Sitreps and submit to Juba after last flght;
- Verifying the Aircraft Use Reports for state based air assets on daily basis and file information in the relevant Electronic databases in accordance with UN requirements;
- Ensure all AUR’s are forwarded to Technical Compliance Unit in Juba on time;
- Monitoring crew duty times and air assets flight hour utilization;
- Participate in capacity building to National staff members;
- Check serviceability of aviation Equipment on daily basis;
- Check Runway condition and submit HLS & Ramp hazard report to Juba before flight Operations;
- Provide apron management and bay allocation for accommodating different categories of aircraft during peak Hour;
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the OIC Air operations Bentiu, Chief Air operations or the Chief Aviation Officer;
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Secondary education Education – Additional Comments:
Should have proven training in the Aviation Industry, Ramp Operations, Dispatch , Flight Operations.
Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
At least 3 Years of experience in the Aviation industry, (Flight Operations/Dispatch certificate, Air traffic Control certificate are desirable)
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Air transport, air traffic control and safety Area of expertise details:
Computer skills: Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.)
Driving license: Yes Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 15-12-2020